The N.F.L. draft has been ramping up as a spectacle for years, but that is being taken to the extreme this year as the event will be held at AT&T Stadium in Texas, the home of the Dallas Cowboys. The three-day event is expected to draw as many as 250,000 combined visitors making an event that was already big even bigger. Stay here for live, pick-by-pick updates and analysis:
What to Expect in the First Round
• The Cleveland Browns’ rebuilding process will be a major focus, as the team has the No. 1 and No. 4 picks.
• It is expected that at least four quarterbacks — Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield and Josh Rosen — will be taken in the first round. It would be just the ninth time that many went in the first round, and there is a chance that a fifth quarterback, Lamar Jackson, could also go on Day 1, which would tie it with 1999 for the second-most quarterbacks ever behind the 1983 draft that yielded six.
• Penn State’s Saquon Barkley could continue a recent trend of running backs being taken in the first five picks. He would be the third running back taken in that range in the last three seasons after just one — Trent Richardson in 2012 — had done so in a span of seven drafts. The other two — Ezekiell Elliott (Cowboys) and Leonard Fournette (Jaguars) — have been impressive thus far in their short N.F.L. careers.
• N.F.L. Draft: First Round Order
1. Cleveland Browns
2. New York Giants
3. New York Jets from Indianapolis Colts
4. Cleveland Browns from Houston Texans
5. Denver Broncos
6. Indianapolis Colts from New York Jets
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers